the sun is out, the beach is calling, the grill is hot and a familiar aroma of coppertone fills the air — it is officially summer!
perhaps it’s due to the colorful array of pool noodles lining the shelves nowadays, but i can’t help but equate these sunnier times with rainbow hues. and if you’ve read any of my earlier posts, you know that polka dots accompany everything. everything.
so when it came time to celebrate a whole year of my littlest one bringing all her joy to our family, i knew just how to adorn our table. take a looksy below for inspiration on creating your own happy space, whether it be for a birthday, backyard bbq or just a cheerful change in decor!
what i used (i tried to put as many links as i could find online below — fyi: there are many spritz items only found in-store). a big thanks to my mom for the close-up shots!
– spritz “happy birthday” felt banner and polka dot tablecloth from target
– my own glassware (trifle bowl, cake plate, pitcher — all very gracious wedding gifts from crate & barrel)
– my own thin glass vase (saved from a “congrats” bouquet when this little one arrived)
– my own yellow tulip cup and saucer (from anthropologie many moons ago)
– candle napkins from the warm hearth in julian, ca
– colored, handled mason jars and striped straws from michaels
– red faux-croc frame from tj maxx
– lime green plates and yellow plasticware from target
– red polka dot melamine plate and spritz gumballs from target
– giant rainbow swirl lollipops from the candy depot in hillcrest
– yellow gerber daisies from wholesale flowers in linda vista
– glitter adhesive letters from oriental trading
– large white frame from michaels
– totally forged “somewhere over the rainbow” print from a pinterest image (word can work miracles, sometimes!)
– rainbow sock monkey (from the old navy cash wrap area about a year ago)
and because everyday for me, is a new photobooth opportunity — i put a spritz polka dot tablecloth to work on our wall, and added some paper lanterns for interest.
confession: i loved it a whole lot. it might still be up…